HAKEEM Busari, who was confirmed Thursday as 3SC’s head coach, has promised a continental ticket for the Oluyole Warriors.
“We hope this year to win a continental ticket, which we have been craving for a long time,” said Busari, who has been an assistant coach at Shooting Stars for the past five years.
“I feel great to be named as the head coach of the club, but the job is not only for me but this is a collective job. We are going to work together as a family and take the job seriously so as to achieve our set targets for this season.
“I therefore need the support of the fans not just for me but for the entire team.”
Busari, who joined Shooting Stars from Fonnet Football Club as technical director, was considered ahead of Tunde Odubola, who he shared the job with as caretaker coach since the second round of last season.
The team, which is currently 10th on the table with 19 points, defeated Nasarawa United 2-0 on Wednesday in the Nigeria Professional Football League Week 14 game.
“A radical review of the squad that lost 2-0 to Heartland FC of Owerri last week made the difference against Nasarawa United.
“After the disgraceful home defeat from Heartland FC of Owerri, the coaching crew decided to drop eight players from the team that played last week. The result is what you have seen today,” Busari said.
| < Prev | Next > |
|---|

3SC coach vows to win continental ticket
