Guardian

Saturday, Jan 12th

Last update12:00:00 AM GMT

You are here: National News Ekiti dissolves cabinet

Ekiti dissolves cabinet

E-mail Print
User Rating: / 0
PoorBest 

EKITI State Governor, Dr. Kayode Fayemi, has dissolved the cabinet after the weekly Executive Council Meeting held Wednesday at the Executive Council Chambers of the Governor’s Office, Ado-Ekiti.

According to a statement by his Chief Press Secretary, Mr. Olayinka Oyebode, Fayemi communicated the decision to members and thanked them for invaluable service they had rendered to the state in the past two years. He directed the commissioners and special advisers to hand over to the permanent secretaries in their respective ministries.

The governor thanked all the executive members for their support to the government, adding that the dissolution and the re-constitution that would follow were aimed at revitalising the administration and positioning it for greater performance.

“This is a moment of change and transformation in all that we are doing. This is not a statement about an individual not pulling their weight enough,” Fayemi said.

There had been speculations in the last six weeks that Fayemi had made up his mind to relieve some commissioners of their jobs. A government source told The Guardian yesterday that some of them might still be re-appointed.

Author of this article: From Muyiwa Adeyemi, Ado Ekiti

Show Other Articles Of This Author

Want to make a comment? it's quick and easy! Click
here to Log in or Register